First, the installation process requires software
1. Hard disk partitioning software pqmagic
Ext2Fsd copy files in the windows to ext2 (or ext3) file system, the ext2 type of file system is not recognized under the windows, that ext2 type partition is hidden in the windows is not visible, Ext2Fsd through Set the display ext2 partition, which can be the corresponding file (mainly CentOS system image) to the ext2 partition. Ext2Fsd used in this article is Ext2Fsd-0.51.exe installed version, it is best not to use after decompression can be used. If the installation of the system image iso less than 4GB, as long as the formatted FAT32 file system can be, then Ext2Fsd tools do not need.
3. EasyBCD, support multiple operating systems, multi-boot: EasyBCD2.1.2
Second, centos system installation files
Download centos 6.5 iso file, a total of the following types of iso version, a brief introduction:
BinDVD version: general installation version, to be installed to the computer hard drive to use, bin are generally larger, and contains a large number of commonly used software, no need to install online download (in most cases).
LiveDVD version: is a CD-ROM CentOS system, you can start the computer through the CD, start the CentOS system, there are graphical interface, there are terminals. Can also be installed on the computer, but some content may also need to download again to the website (automatic).
LiveCD version: Compared to LiveDVD is a compact disc CentOS system. Smaller size, easy to use.
Minimal Edition: The most compact version
Netinstall version: network installation version
Third, LiveDVD or LiveCD version centos installation method
If you download the LiveDVD or LiveCD version (installation file iso size is less than 4GB), then congratulations, installation is relatively simple.
1. With pqmagic division out of a district for the installation of centos, I usually in the final division of the disk out of a district.
2. to find any one FAT32 partition, the centos-xxx.iso downloaded centos image file, into the partition, the assumption is E: disk
3. Unzip the vmlinuz and initrd.img in the isolinux folder of the centos image (or vmlinuz0 if only vmlinuz0 is used), then extract the images folder to the E: \ root directory , That is to say with the centos mirror in the same directory
4. Open the easybcd software, Add new Entry -> NeoGrub -> install -> Configure, in the open menu.lst file, add the following lines
Kernel (hd0,5) / vmlinuz
Initrd (hd0,5) /initrd.img
Note that the above (hd0, 5) is the E drive, in general, (hd0, 0) is the C drive, (hd0, 4) is the D drive, (hd0, 5) is the E drive, and so on.
5. Boot restart, select the NeroGrub menu to enter, select the iso file disk. Next, the installation method just like CD installation.
Fourth, BinDVD version of centos installation method
If you are unfortunate, you and I like to use a relatively Niubi, BinDVD software version of the more, then you need to know why not use the three methods described: Because FAT32 format file system does not support more than 4GB single file. So you can not copy the centos image file to a FAT32 formatted disk.
So, you need to use the following workaround: get a ext3 file system (this is under linux), so you can put more than 4GB centos image file copy into it.
1, using pqmagic divided into two partitions, the first is ext3 format, for centos image file, the second do not control what format is used to install centos, I usually divided in the last two disk Partition.
2, install Ext2Fsd, remember this step, all checked
3, after installation, open, find the ext3 partition just in step 1, right-click, select "configuration file system"
Click "Enable" and "Change and Exit". Continue to select the disk right-click, select "Configure ext3 volume properties"
Continue to select the disk right-click, select "disk and partition properties", select "change the drive letter / assembly point"
Click "Load and Exit".
At this point the configuration is complete, open my computer to find the E drive, and can normally open, copy / paste / delete operation and windows is the same. Note that at this time E drive will be a lost + found folder, please do not delete.
4, the centos-xxx.iso downloaded to the centos-xxx.iso image copied to the E: disk, extract the centos image in the isolinux folder vmlinuz and initrd.img (if only vmlinuz0 use vmlinuz0, the following instructions also need to modify the corresponding) to E: \ root directory, extract the images folder to E: \ root directory, that is to say with the centos mirror in the same directory
5. Open the easybcd software, Add new Entry -> NeoGrub -> install -> Configure, in the open menu.lst file, add the following lines
Kernel (hd0,5) / vmlinuz
Initrd (hd0,5) /initrd.img
(Hd0, 5) is the E drive, in general, (hd0, 0) is the C drive, (hd0, 4) is the D drive, (hd0, 5) E disk, and so on
6. Boot restart, select the NeroGrub menu to enter, select the iso file is located in the disk. Next, the installation method just like CD installation.
5, other information
Installation, start, log, and found not on the network, you need to make the following configuration changes (assuming you are logged in as root)
1. vim / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth0
ONBOOT = yes # Whether to set this network interface during system startup, when set to yes, this device will be activated when the system starts, the default value is no
2. If you are a company within the domain account, then you need to set it: Open system-> preferences-> network connections
Then restart the network service service network restart