Ubuntu14.04 install the NVIDIA driver + CUDA + MATLAB
one. Install NVIDIA graphics driver
1. When you install the graphics driver nouveau prompt error message, you need to uninstall this module to continue
2. In /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf file, nouveau module added. Using nano command to open, edit the file (in vi, vim unavailable situation)
3. If the nouveau module also exist after the blacklist, you can move directly into the kernel module to go, the command is:
$ Sudo mv /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/ nouveau / nouveau.ko.org
$ Sudo update-initramfs -u Note: Use the tab key to complete the command line, a concrete analysis of the specific environment
4. Do not forget to restart the system to determine whether the system is completely nouveau module disabled.
5. ./ drive name, nvidia display driver installed, you'll see an error, prompted to switch to a state where no X server running the installation. Prior to use the command to stop running ubuntu graphical desktop, the command is: $ sudo service lightdm stop (with Red Hat and CentOS system is not the same)
6. After the installation is complete, be sure to use the command to view GPU cards have not been identified to the system, the command is:
$ Sudo cat / proc / driver / nvidia / gpus / ......
two. Cuda install the development environment
1. ./cuda file name, follow the steps prompted by the software, and install it step by step. But there is a caveat
When the whole installation process is complete there will be an error on the map, suggesting Samples installation fails, that SDK installation fails to solve alone SDK can be installed once again. Here's how:
First, extract the files from the SDK installation cuda file:
./cuda_5.0_linux_64.run -extract = / path / to / extract / dir / in front cuda installation source files, followed by the need to extract the target path, this path can be customized
To the directory / path / to / extract / dir / find cuda-samples_5.0 _ *******. Run, you can run the installation
After installing the SDK, it will prompt all the components needed to have a successful installation
2. Next, configure cuda environment variables, perform $ sudo gedit ~ / .bashrc, in this file, add the following two lines of description:
export PATH = $ PATH: /usr/local/cuda-5.0/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = / usr / local / cuda-5.0 / lib64: / lib Save and exit, and then perform
3. Verify cuda whether the configuration can perform a simple command $ nvcc -V
three. Installation matlan 2013a for linux environment
(Install the required files have downloaded the company's NAS) 1. copy the installation files to the ISO under ubuntu
Serial has a .lic file folder, this is a post-installation to activate the software used, it also needs to be copied to the next ubuntu oh
2. As the ISO file is too large (around 5.3G) discs can not be so direct mount ISO file reads. Run the command: mount -o loop Matlab801_MacUnix.iso / home / wangbo / target path is behind me for mount
3. cd to / home / wangbo / under run directly install file to begin the installation. Here there is a need to pay attention, that is, the operation should be within the graphical desktop terminal command execution, because when we run the ./install command, it will automatically pop up a graphical interface matlab installation, if it is in F1-F6 under the non-GUI mode, after execution ./install will complain, suggesting the need in the X11 display environment is a graphical desktop environment. Ubuntu newer version will find a more depressing problem is that the right mouse button on the desktop, that option is not open terminal, and all places on the desktop terminal can not find this icon can not be opened will not be able to run the installation program, at this point we do not have to worry, directly on the desktop shortcut keys ctrl + alt + t, the desktop will pop up immediately to a terminal, and then we execute the installation program to install in the terminal, after the effect of the command execution and installation of windows in matlab when the same graphic interface operation.
4. The rest of the work can refer to
Matlab2013a for Linux Ubuntu installation step and create a shortcut under 14.04
5. Finally, matlab installed and activated successfully, restart the system.
6. After the reboot is complete, the / usr / local / Matlab / R2013a / bin / Matlab software to start using it (concrete path to the actual installation environment mainly, I provided the environment for reference only)
1.Nouveau is an open source Nvidia graphics drivers. In contrast the Nvidia official drivers are not open source, but open source xf86-video-nv function and weak. Contrast official driver, Nouveau advantage of Kernel Mode Setting features supported by the new kernel. In Fedora 12, the boot drive to use Nouveau after the kernel will be the first time direct access to the best resolution of the display, switching activation interface (whether text or graphics) and X, GDM between using Ctrl + Alt + Fn in X and switching between the terminal completely "flicker free", greatly enhance the user experience.
But it has not been part of the DRM module into the kernel source tree. Yesterday saw a message on Phoronix online, look at the effect that Linus Fedora provide Nouveau been a long time, I hope the Nouveau DRM also into the kernel. Nouveau defenders and defenders of Fedora is explained mainly due Nouveau rely on some reverse engineering to understand the internal mechanisms NV GPU, used some Microcode, which Microcode related code into the kernel may have copyright issues. Linus replied that these reasons are BS (from the point of view this statement several times Linus really is "arrogant" ah), Fedora release is not completely without copyright issues? So the above reasons is BS, or after the publication do not distribute Nouveau driver.
Today saw the top of a message, it is below this: Red Hat's David Airlie and Ben Skeggs for Nouveau kernel part of the code has been modified, Microcode uses the kernel interface Firmware load. Thus avoiding copyright issues.
Next, a reference to the original:
In this pull request, there is the Nouveau driver that is set to go in the Linux 2.6.33 kernel under the staging area
Perhaps 2.6.33, we can spend officially entered kernel Nouveau driver to obtain a variety of new features.
PS: NV Although the official driver does not support KMS, but supports OpenCL (G80 +), video acceleration in supporting XvMC (G80-) and Vdpau (G80 +). For these functions, Nouveau does not support. In fact, even 3D function Nouveau is not directly supported. Now the trend is to be provided by the Mesa and OpenGL which Gallium3D (perhaps even D3D), support of OpenVG ,, OpenCL. Graphics driver completed only basic interaction and graphics. Recent Images became part of the development Kernel highlights, page flipping ioctl enter 2.6.33 ( "allegedly" Whether or very useful for X Wayland), now Intel / ATI / NV's KMS driver are both continuous improvement, Linux graphical user experience will gradually increase.
2. Install GCC and some other Linux system is a bit different in Ubuntu.
Method One: This super-simple method:
sudo apt-get build-depgcc
Just above command can handle
sudo apt-get install build-essential
Or simply, a command can get
Installation can be performed over gcc - version command to view the version, the output is as follows:
gcc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu4.2.3-2ubuntu7)
Copyright (C) 2007FreeSoftwareFoundation, Inc.
3. Use nano command to open files directly is the input state, you can insert text, you are finished with ctrl + o shortcut keys save the changes.